Prosthodontists are specialists in the restoration and replacement of missing teeth and oral/facial structures with natural, esthetic, and functional replacements. This includes surgical implant placement, the simple to most complex implant supported restorations, laboratory and clinical training in esthetics/cosmetics, crowns, bridges, veneers, inlays, removable complete and partial dentures, dental implants, TMD-jaw joint problems, traumatic injuries to the mouth's structures, congenital or birth anomalies and/or teeth, snoring and sleep disorders, as well as oral cancer prosthetic reconstruction and continuing care.
The mission of the American College of Prosthodontists is to:
- promote the highest standard of patient care;
- advance the art and science of prosthodontics;
- promote the specialty of prosthodontics to the public, other dentists, and health care professionals;
- ensure the quality of prosthodontic education; and
- provide professional services to its membership.
The ACP inspires its members to pursue professional advancement and personal fulfillment through education, lifelong learning, research, advocacy, leadership, communication, and service.
- Nashville, États-Unis